Working With Me
I see my role as that of a guide and catalyst supporting people in their ongoing transformative development, in their healing, and in walking their most authentic path in contact with their inherent freedom and wholeness.
I developed my approach to working in this context over the course of 15 years of intensive study and practice in meditative and wisdom traditions coupled with deep inquiry into the nature of human development, including a master’s degree in clinical psychology, counseling training, a two-year certification training in Focusing–Oriented Therapy (based on the work of Eugene Gendlin), a yearlong vision quest training, extensive study of the Alexander Technique, developing and teaching workshops that support people in orienting and awakening to their inner lives, and years of professional experience in artistry and the creative process.
By creating a space for encountering the deeper layers of life’s challenges and the continual unfolding of awareness and authentic expression, Emergent Inquiry supports profound growth, healing, insightful forward movement, and connection to the current of one’s life.
What Happens in an Emergent Inquiry Session?
- We begin each session discussing what might be emerging in your inner and outer life presently, developments since our last meeting, and the arc that we’ve been following in our work together.
- We then move into the primary focus of each session—a guided, inwardly-oriented space in which you are supported in listening to what is emerging within you. This is done in a way that fosters felt and embodied listening. As material arises, we encounter it within a healing, evolutionary, and transformative context. We stay in conversation throughout the process as we attend to both the known matters we are discussing and the “implicit” level of what is shifting or emerging. Questions and discussions are always welcome throughout the session.
- In this work, we are listening for and following the direction emerging from the greater wholeness of who you are; that’s what ultimately leads us.
- The final component of the session involves discussing what has transpired and allowing insights and experiences to integrate within you and in your life moving forward.
- While the above outline provides an idea of the basic framework, each session and each person is different, so the way we work together is informed by where you are that day.
I work with people from across the country and internationally via video conferencing (Zoom, Skype, etc.). I also see people in-person for those who live in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina. Each session typically lasts between 60 and 75 minutes. Private sessions are charged at $90/session (usually via Venmo or PayPal). Three or more sessions can be purchased as a package for $80/session; I also offer discounts for students and those in need. Typically, I see clients weekly or every other week, though it's also possible to work together less regularly.
- Private sessions can be scheduled by contacting me via email or phone—or simply use the contact form below.
- I also happily offer free 30-minute consultations for exploring if working together feels like a good fit for you. Just ask when you contact me.
- In addition to private sessions, I lead group courses both online and in-person. See the Courses page for more information.